Friday, May 11, 2012

Seven Quick Takes (1)


1. Today my office had a goodbye luncheon for the 25 of us who were laid off. I'm glad I went because I think I would have regretted not going, but it was terrible. I cried hysterically for almost the entire lunch. Peter was so sweet and supportive. 

2. I'm having a hard time eating and sleeping at the moment, which is strange for me because I've spent the past 4 1/2 months constantly eating and sleeping.

3. Our baby is already a night owl like Peter. Today, the baby didn't wake up and start kicking until almost noon. 

4. Another girl in my legal writing class is also named Carolyn. I'm not used to having to share my name, even if it's spelled differently.

5. A few days ago, our car broke down for the second time in two weeks. This time, we decided to cut our losses and send it to the wreckers. Not having a car will be a big change for us, but fortunately it's summer now and all the walking will be good for baby. 

6. I love being in my second trimester. The food aversions and extreme exhaustion are gone. And, now that I'm showing and the baby is kicking, I finally feel pregnant. It's wonderful. 

7. Tons of our coworkers have offered to come over and help us fix up our home to get it ready to sell. Neither Peter nor I are particularly handy so the help is much appreciated.

More quick takes here

No comments:

Post a Comment