Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Random Things

I have been having trouble sleeping lately. I'm not sure if it's the pregnancy, the weather or the excitement, but likely it's a combination of all three.

So here are some random middle-of-the night things:

• Peter is leaving next Wednesday. He's flying to Winnipeg and spending a few days at the cottage with his family and then driving to Prince George in time for work on Monday.

• The main reason Peter is going to Winnipeg is because his parents are selling us a minivan. I never thought I would be so excited to have a minivan. In high school, I used to drive my parents' minivan and I thought it was embarrassing. My priorities have changed over the past 10 years.

• The reason we're buying a minivan is because our car broke down the same day we lost our jobs. Peter was on his way back home from the mechanic's shop when our boss called him in for the meeting. The car had initially broke down a week before and we paid to get it fixed. Then the transmission blew and we lost our jobs so we decided that it wasn't worth fixing again.

• The floor upstairs is finished and it looks amazing. I hope the new owners love it.

• We have decided that we are never going to renovate a home again.

• Our house is going on the market today and it will be posted on MLS with photos by the end of the week.

• Our realtor told us that houses in our price range take an average of 21 days to sell. If ours sells that quickly, I would be thrilled.

• Peter set the over-under line on our house sale at July 12. I took over, even though the house will have been listed for 21 days on July 11. Hopefully he wins that bet.

• Peter loves to bet so I come up with wagers on all sorts of silly things like: which of our friends will finish their degrees first and who will be the next to propose.

• The temperature this week is supposed to hit 35 C. If that happens, it will be the hottest weather I've ever experienced.

• I just wrote replies to a bunch of emails but I'm going to wait until the morning to send them because I think emailing people at 3 a.m. is weird.

• I feel bad for my brother because his favourite basketball team is in the finals for the first time and he can't watch any games because he's volunteering at an orphanage in Ghana. (I was going to refer to this as a "first-world problem" and then I realized the problem with that term in this context.)

• My third trimester starts on Sunday. I feel so lucky that I haven't had any pregnancy problems so far (nausea, vomiting, backache . . . and the unmentionable ones.) Hopefully this will continue for the next three months.

• I went out for dinner with some ladies from our church last night. They were concerned about me eating sushi, but I made sure I only ate the cooked kind and not the raw kind. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment