Friday, June 29, 2012

Seven Quick Takes (8)


1. A student doctor let Peter use the fetal doppler to find our baby's heartbeat at my appointment this week. Peter found the heartbeat right away because he is awesome. Our baby's heartrate was a loud and robust 140 beats per minute.

2. To cheer myself up, I changed the background on our laptop to this photo. Looking at the Peter and Lola half of the picture always makes me smile. (The half with me, Mango and Big Papi is less hilarious.)


3. My favourite chore is cleaning the fridge. My least favourites are vacuuming, washing the floors and taking out the garbage. I did all of those chores yesterday. 

4. Our friends from church threw a make-your-own pizza party on Sunday to say goodbye to Peter. My photos are still on my camera, which is on its way to B.C., so you'll just have to imagine how delicious the pizza was.

5. I'm trying to develop a new habit by tackling the most important thing I need to accomplish each day first thing in the morning. Right now I'm working on three memos for my professor that are all due next week.

6. Now that I'm in my 28th week of pregnancy, my doctor told me I need to start counting the baby's movements. He or she is supposed to move at least six times in two hours. Fortunately our baby is very active so it never takes that long to identify six kicks. 

7. Here is an actual conversation from earlier this week:
Peter: Woah! I think your belly grew while you were napping.
Carolynne: Strange! I was just thinking the same thing.

More quick takes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment