Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Random Things

• I just booked my flight to B.C. I am leaving on July 25 and I am extremely excited. Initially, I was planning to stay here until we sold our house. But that process is taking a while.

• I was planning to fly Air Canada because that airline has more connecting flights and takes less time to get from Ottawa to Prince George. But Air Canada was going to charge me more to fly just the cats than WestJet charged me to fly all four of us. I saved almost 50 per cent!

• As an added bonus, WestJet is letting me take Mango in the cabin with me. Big Papi and Lola will travel in cargo. I picked Mango because she loves to travel and she won't bother the other passengers. The other two, sadly, will probably cry most of the way.

• The WestJet "superagent" said I could put Big Papi and Lola in the same cage to travel in cargo together. Although they do get along better now, I know the fur would fly.

• Sadly, our open house was not particularly successful. Only four groups came. Two were just looky-loos and the others were looking for something more modern. I'm trying not to get discouraged.

• Peter is turning 31 in August. Last year, I didn't have his gift ready in time for his birthday because I was so distracted by our wedding and his birthday was during our honeymoon. I felt like a complete failure as a wife. So this year I ordered one of his gifts more than a month in advance and I'm hoping to finish the other gift this week.

• Peter wrote an awesome series of articles last week on a oncologist who resigned after he was investigated for using non-approved treatments. Peter is such a great reporter!

• Three notable things happened on my shopping trip to Thyme Maternity on Sunday. First, I realized this was the first time I had bought maternity clothes. I was so blessed to receive tons of hand-me-downs from one of my girlfriends and one of my mother's girlfriends. Second, the store was at a huge shopping complex near my house that I didn't know existed. Aside from getting groceries at Costco, I very rarely shop. Third, I used a gift certificate from my wonderful mother-in-law to buy myself a bathing suit. I look so funny in my new bathing suit with my enormous belly and regular-sized body. I could not stop laughing at myself in the changing room.

• I know I talk about this a lot, but I can't get over how amazing the summer weather is here in Ottawa. It is sunny and hot every day. I can't remember the last time it rained.

No comments:

Post a Comment