Friday, July 6, 2012

Seven Quick Takes (9)


1. I just changed by blog name and header. I've been wanting to change them for a while, but I didn't think I could make a new header without PhotoShop. (I used to have access to PhotoShop on my old work computer.) The Internet told me I could use Picasa, so I tried that program. It's not quite as useful as PhotoShop, but it did the trick. Both the name and the photo have great stories behind them, which I will write about tomorrow. 

2. Our realtor is throwing an open house here on Sunday. I hope Mango makes lots of new friends and helps to sell our house.

3. Now that I've finished my memos, I'm creating legal citation quizzes for another professor. The first-year students will do the quizzes next year as part of the new legal research course. I'm having so much fun. I spent five hours on Wednesday writing three quizzes and I loved every minute of it.

4. The first article Peter wrote at his new job was about spanking. His Twitter friends teased him that he was "beginning with a bang" and "hitting the shelves." 

5. The priest at our former parish has been charged with fraud, theft and money laundering. I was devastated when he was accused of stealing church money last year. This week's charges, however, were not a surprise.

6. Yesterday was my last book club meeting. I may start one in Prince George after I make some friends, but hopefully I can just find one that I can join.

7. Peter is going to look at five houses in Prince George tomorrow. Sadly, we can't bid on any of them until we sell this house.

More quick takes here

No comments:

Post a Comment