Monday, July 2, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook (1)




Outside my window...the weather is sunny and hot and the flowers are blooming.

I am thinking...of all the things I'm going to miss about Ottawa.

I am thankful...that Peter arrived in Calgary safely last night. He's driving through the Rockies right now.

In the kitchen...are a lot of vegetables my girlfriend gave me before she left for her vacation this morning.

I am wearing...a tee-shirt and my only pair of maternity shorts. I'm trying to stay cool in the 30 C heat.

I am creating...nothing at the moment. But I have big plans for scrapbooking later in the week when my memos are finished.

I am going...to Toronto to visit my girlfriends in two weeks if our house is sold by then. If not, I have to stay here.

I am wondering...why our cats are scared of the vacuum but not thunder or fireworks.

I am reading...The Sisters Brothers for my book club on Thursday.

I am hoping...Peter has a great first day at his new job tomorrow. I'm so proud of him!

I am looking forward to...the baby. I can't wait to meet him or her. Right now I'm not worried about labour because I'm so excited.

I am learning...about the ethics of expert witnesses. I have finished two memos for my professor and I'm almost finished the last one.

Around the house...everything is clean and tidy and ready for potential buyers.

I am pondering...what the next few months will bring. Hopefully we will sell our house, buy a new house and get settled before the baby comes.

A favourite quote for today..."It's always darkest before the dawn." These past couple of months have been a challenge, but I am confident wonderful things are on the horizon.

One of my favourite things...is chatting to my sister, which I did for an hour today.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Finishing my memos and beginning to pack.

A peek into my day...Our friend emailed us this picture this morning and another friend replied, "clearly they spelled Carolynne wrong."



More daybooks here.

1 comment:

  1. Cute cartoon! Made me smile :) Hope your house sells and you have a good move. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete