When you're pregnant, people ask you a lot of questions. Here are some of the questions:
2. How are you feeling?
Great. I've had an easy pregnancy and I feel very blessed.
3. Is this your first baby?
4. Is this your parents' first grandchild?
Yes. This will be the first grandchild for both my parents and Peter's parents.
5. Are you having a boy or a girl?
We don't know.
6. Do you think you're having a boy or girl?
I used to think we were having a girl. Now I'm not sure.
7. Do you want a boy or a girl?
I know this is cliche, but we'll honestly be thrilled with either.
8. Have you had any weird cravings?
I haven't had a craving for months, but earlier in my pregnancy I craved apples, grilled cheese sandwiches, egg salad, hummus and ice cream, but not together.
9. Have you had any weird food aversions?
I went through a short phase early in my pregnancy where I didn't feel like eating meat. That passed very quickly, thankfully.
10. Did you have morning sickness?
No. I feel so lucky.
11. What are you going to do about law school?
I'm going to take a year off to take care of the baby and go back in September 2013.
12. Have you picked names?
13. What are the names?
You'll have to wait and see.
14. Was your pregnancy planned?
Yes. The pregnancy is probably the only thing that's happened in our life in 2012 that was planned.
(And yes, people do ask me this!)
15. How much weight have you gained?
Almost 20 pounds. I gained weight very quickly and then it leveled off a few months ago.
16. Are you going to have a natural birth?
I'm going to try, but I'm not going to feel like a failure if I don't.
As my mother, who had three natural births, told me earlier this week: "You don't have anything to prove."
17. Are you planning to breastfeed?
18. What are you going to do with the cats when the baby is born?
They will adapt. If they can cope with a 4,300-kilometre journey, they can cope with a new baby. We'll just keep them out of the baby's room and everything will be fine.
19. How many kids are you planning to have?
We'd love more than one, but we don't have a set number in mind.
20. When are you having your next baby?
We have no idea.
(Only my mother has asked me this!)