Tuesday, August 14, 2012

More Random Things

• My Mom's girlfriend said I looked "round and red" in my new maternity dress. What a hilarious and accurate description! Here is photographic evidence of my roundness and redness:


• My friend Caroline is coming to visit tonight and I am so excited! I haven't seen her since our wedding last summer, which is where she met my cousin Andrew who is now her boyfriend. Andrew is fighting forest fires in Fort St. John so he is sadly not coming to visit.

• I made pastry for the first time yesterday and it was delicious and surprisingly easy. My mother and I made a steak pie to freeze for when the baby is born. I even made a pastry cat face to put on top of the pie. I am becoming much more domestic!

• Peter has written some glorious stories about the Northern Gateway pipeline over the past few days. You can read them here, here, here and here.

• I miss the Olympics already. This will shock anyone who knew me before I met Peter, when I wasn't a sports fan at all!

• Our cats have made themselves right at home and have now surpassed my parents' dog in the house hierarchy. Poor Jesse won't even go down the hallway if one of the cats blocks her way.

• My next doctor's appointment has already been postponed twice.

• My mother is trying to get us hooked on Downton Abbey. We watched the first episode last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment