Sunday, September 2, 2012

Menu (2)

Last week I posted our first weekly menu.

Overall, the menu planning was a success, although we ended up having the meals in a different order than I planned because of Peter's schedule and my trip to Vanderhoof on Tuesday.

I made three new recipes: the Penne Spinach Bake, the Ham and Cheese Frittata and the Tomato Zucchini Casserole. The first two were delicious, but the third one was just mediocre.

I also learned that our oven takes longer to cook than recipes predict.

Peter made a huge batch of Chicken with Bacon and Pasta so we have five servings frozen for when the baby is born. He's going to do the same with the two crockpot recipes he's making this week.

We have leftover ham, diced tomatoes, beets and yellow pepper from last week that we will incorporate into our menu this week. Plus, my father gave me a massive cabbage from his garden.

So here is what we're going to eat this week:

Sunday:
Sausages
Baked potatoes
Roasted Beet and Feta Salad

Monday:
Slow Cooker Spaghetti

Tuesday:
Egg salad sandwiches
Carrots and apples
(We have our hospital tour at 5:15 p.m. followed by our pre-natal class so we'll be eating on the run.)

Wednesday:
Italian Parmesan Baked Chicken
Cabbage Colcannon

Thursday:
Tuna Pasta Salad
Salad

Friday:
Slow Cooker Pea Soup

1 comment:

  1. sounds delish, maybe I will drop by for supper

    ReplyDelete