Friday, September 14, 2012

Seven Quick Takes (19)


1. Last week, I said Peter had a crazy week at work. This week was even crazier. Hours before a Prince George man was shot dead by police, Peter exchanged emails with him. They were even emailing back and forth during the standoff! Here is Peter's crazy story and here is his boss' editorial about the whole situation. His story was even picked up by the Canadian Press and published in the Globe and Mail.

2. In other Peter news, he makes his debut as the play-by-play man for the Spruce Kings tonight at 7 p.m. local time. You can listen to him here. I am very proud!

3. We had our last pre-natal class last night. Here is a funny conversation between our instructor and one of the other mothers-to-be:

Instructor: Some women throw up during labour. Strangely vomiting can cause you to dilate another centimetre. 
Mom-to-be: So if I just throw up 10 times, I'll be ready to push?

4. I added a food page to my blog to keep track of the recipes we like. Almost all of the recipes come from this glorious website where you input all of the ingredients you have in your fridge and cupboards and it suggests meals you can make.

5. On Monday, a naughty cat destroyed our radio by chewing the antenna. Then on Wednesday, another naughty cat pulled down the shower curtain and destroyed the rod. Our cats aren't usually destructive so either they sense that the baby is coming soon and are acting out or the bad behaviour is just a coincidence.

6. Our vacuum is on its way to Prince George! I had no idea what vacuum to buy so I asked my friends on Facebook. Aside from a certain person's comments about a certain football team that may or may not suck right now, everyone else was extremely helpful. We ended up getting a refurbished Dyson off of eBay. I can't wait until it gets here. I love having a clean house.

7. Unless I'm in labour or in hospital recuperating, my mother and sister and I are having a canning party next weekend. I love canned fruit and I've never canned before so I'm looking forward to learning from the experts. 

More quick takes here.

1 comment:

  1. #1 ... that is CRAZY.

    and you are due SO soon. prayers for a safe and happy delivery!!!

    ReplyDelete