Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook (2)


Outside my window...the weather is sunny but cold. The radio says it was 6 C this morning in Prince George!

I am thinking...about all my friends starting their last year of law school today.

I am thankful...that Peter and I get to eat dinner together every night. I never thought he would have a job with regular hours and I am so thankful that he does.

In the kitchen...we already have 10 meals frozen for when our baby arrives.

I am wearing...one of my few maternity shirts that still fits properly.

I am creating...my latest scrapbook. I want to be completely caught up before the baby is born and I'm almost there.

I am going...to Vanderhoof on Sunday for my baby shower. I can't wait!

I am wondering...when we'll get to meet our baby. The absolute latest he or she could be born with my revised due date is Oct. 8.

I am reading...A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier for my new book club. It is as sad and alarming as the title suggests.

I am hoping...our baby is born on a Friday night. Peter doesn't get paid holidays for his first 12 months of work so ideally our baby will be born on a weekend.

I am looking forward to...making friends in Prince George. All my friends from university have moved away!

I am learning...how to cook lots of random vegetables my father gave me from his garden. Until a few weeks ago, I had never cooked beans, beats or zucchini.

Around the house...everything is ready for the baby's arrival except for the car seat, which we plan to install this week.

I am pondering...what the next few years have in store for us. Hopefully a law degree and no more layoffs!

A favourite quote for today...The thing that's nice about pregnancy is that in the end, you have a baby. — Ann Romney

One of my favourite things...is when Peter has time to come home for lunch. Seeing him in the middle of the day is such a treat.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I have two pre-natal classes and one doctor's appointment and my baby shower. I'm also hoping to get three more stories written for the freelance contract I'm working on. I finished two yesterday.

A peek into my day...


My friend just emailed this to me. I cannot stop laughing.

More daybooks here.

2 comments:

  1. Carolynne,
    I just finished reading "A long way gone" It was very disturbing. The end was interesting. Good luck with the delivery of your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome share indeed. I’ve been awaiting for this update.

    ReplyDelete