Wednesday, October 17, 2012

More Random Things

• Mary is 3 1/2 weeks old already! She is much more alert and she's getting bigger every day. I'm going to weigh her tomorrow at the breastfeeding support group and I suspect she'll be over nine pounds.

• My mother-in-law left today. I was extra sad to see her go. She was a huge help with Mary and did all the cooking, cleaning and laundry while she was here. I was so spoiled! Plus, it was so nice for me to have someone around during the day to talk to.

• Peter has been working crazy hours for the past two weeks covering the Northern Gateway hearings. He leaves for work just after 8 a.m. and doesn't get home until after 7 p.m. Today he filed four stories!

• Mary had her baby photoshoot last week and she was a star. The photographer brought over a hat that made Mary look like a little bear cub. I told her I was sad I didn't have a kitten hat and she said she had one at home but she didn't bring it because she didn't know I was cat lady. What an opportunity lost!

•  Peter and I went out for dinner on Monday and Mary stayed with her grandmother. It was wonderful to go on a date! We're going out again on Friday because Peter's boss gave him concert tickets to thank him for his hard work at the Northern Gateway hearings. My sister and sister-in-law are babysitting for little Mary.

• I didn't think it was possible to go for so long on so little sleep. The human body is amazing! Mary was awake most of the day today so I'm hoping she will sleep well tonight. Fingers and paws are crossed.

• I'm going to try to get back in the habit of blogging every day (or at least most days.) It's amazing how time-consuming a tiny baby can be — even a glorious baby like Mary!




No comments:

Post a Comment