Sunday, October 21, 2012

White Noise


A few nights ago, Mary was very fussy.

Usually Mary only cries when she is hungry or getting her diaper changed (she hates being naked) so she had never cried for an hour straight before.

I fed her, changed her, rocked her, put her in her swing, sang to her, put her on her back, put her on her tummy, cuddled her and nothing seemed to work. So then I looked on the Internet for tips on how to soothe a fussy baby.

Two of the suggestions really work for Mary. The first is holding her like a football. She absolutely loves it. (Peter was pleased to hear that his little girl is already a football fan.)

The second suggestion was using white noise. As soon as I put on a YouTube video of a waterfall, she quieted down. And it helps her sleep longer too.

For the past three nights I've been putting YouTube videos of waterfalls by her crib and she's slept for at least seven hours and only waking up once or twice. What a miracle!

And, because I've been getting more sleep, I'm suddenly able to do all this:

No comments:

Post a Comment