1. This is the longest I've ever gone without blogging! Peter has been taking the computer to work with him for the Northern Gateway hearings so I have that as an excuse for the weekdays, but I have no excuse for yesterday! I did get Peter's scrapbook and Mary's baby book up to date, so it wasn't a complete waste of a day.
2. Our glorious daughter seemed to realize that the clocks fell back last night. She slept for an extra 90 minutes! She went to sleep at 9 p.m. and woke up at 7:30 a.m. with two snacks during the night. I was thrilled!
3. We are almost out of our frozen dinners that we made before Mary was born so Peter made 10 servings of lasagna to freeze yesterday and he's making another crockpot full of a different type of lasagna tonight. I love having a husband who is a wonderful cook!
4. Mary, also known as the cutest strawberry ever, slept through Halloween and missed almost all of the trick-or-treaters. (We only had about 12 kids come to the door.) I'm not a huge fan of Halloween. I feel nervous when strange men come to our door at night when I'm home alone with the baby — even if they are accompanied by adorable children. Peter worked late that night and didn't get home until 7 p.m.
5. We have the best plan for my parents' Christmas gift this year! I'm going to have to work really hard for the next month and a half not to spill the beans. My sister came up with the idea. She's the best at coming up with glorious gifts because she is extremely thoughtful. I'm so excited for their reaction!
6. Peter's mother, father and sister are coming to visit on Friday and my brother will be here exactly one month after that. I can't wait to introduce Mary to more of her relatives!
7. On Thursday Mary weighed 10 pounds, 10 ounces. She's enormous! Peter and I were looking back at old photos and we were amazed at how much she's grown. Since both Peter and I were enormous babies — Peter was known for having the fattest knees in Winnipeg — she certainly takes after her parents.