Friday, December 7, 2012

Seven Quick Takes (26)


1. I took Mary to meet Santa at the mall today. I wasn't too optimistic about the photos because she wouldn't sit still or smile during the photoshoot but I was absolutely thrilled with the result. Peter convinced me that we needed Santa photos and he was right as usual. I'm so glad I listened to him. Here is my favourite:


2. I found the best gift for Mary today. I was planning to get two board books for her stocking — one about cats because her mother loves cats and the other about football because her father loves football. The football book I ordered from Chapters was sold out so when I was at the mall I went to the bookstore to see if they had any there. They didn't have any about football, but they did have NASCAR ABC. I was so happy! Peter loves NASCAR almost as much as he loves football!

3. Mary and I are going to see the latest Twilight movie at Stars and Strollers next week with our mom and baby friends. But don't worry, I'll give it a good feminist critique for her afterwards.

4. Our house is all decorated for Christmas. This is the first year in a long time I've been in a festive mood. While I was in law school, I was completely worn out by Christmas and felt more like sleeping than celebrating. This year I am definitely in the Christmas spirit. Plus, I only have one more present to buy!

5. Tonight Peter is doing the colour commentary for the Spruce Kings radio broadcast. He brought our iPad to the game with him to look up the out-of-town scores and other information. Unfortunately, we have a little girl who always falls asleep listening to the white noise we play off the iPad. She has a Sleep Sheep but the noise is slightly different and she doesn't like it as much. What a demanding baby!

6. My sister's sister-in-law/sister-in-law's sister had a baby boy yesterday! I am so excited to meet little Max. Laura and Andrea are so lucky to have both a niece and a nephew.

7. Here is a glorious editorial about Peter. Read the fifth and sixth paragraphs!

More quick takes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment