Friday, January 18, 2013

Seven Quick Takes (29)


1. Mary is sleeping in her own room! I am so happy! We are both getting so much more sleep. Lately, she's been sleeping from 8:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. and just waking up twice to eat. I was a nervous wreck the first night but I'm so glad we decided to move her into her own room.

2. In other Mary news, she now weighs 15 pounds and 13 ounces. She is enormous! I missed the breastfeeding support group last week so I weighed her yesterday for the first time in two weeks. I thought the scale was wrong because I didn't think she could gain 1 1/2 pounds in two weeks. But one of the other mothers said her son hadn't gained any weight at all. So I guess she really is that big!

3. In related Mary-is-enormous news, she got stuck in her Bumbo this week right after I took this picture:


I had to pry out her chubby thighs. So large. So cute.

4. I'm amazed at how much personality Mary has even though she's not even four months. She's such an extrovert and she loves action. I took her to baby yoga today and she was not interested in any of the calming postures. All she wanted to do was bounce around and look at the other babies. Mary is the least meditative baby in the world!

5.  Peter is back doing the broadcasting for the Spruce Kings tonight for the first time in more than a month. I get nervous when I'm home alone with Mary at night. Fortunately, my sister is coming over tomorrow to keep me company!

6. In other hockey news, Mary will see her first NHL game tomorrow. Despite my attempts to persuade her otherwise, she is already a Winnipeg Jets fan as evidenced by her love of her Winnipeg Jets soothers. Now I just have to decide whether she should wear her Jets dress tomorrow or her Jets jersey.

7. Peter's uncle is sick so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

More quick takes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment