Sunday, March 3, 2013

2013 Goals Update

I set myself eight goals at the beginning of the year. Here's how I'm progressing so far:

• Do the Friday New York Times crossword puzzle every week.
I've finished the crossword every week, but I haven't been able to solve any without help yet. Maybe next month!

• Read 40 books.
I read four books in February to bring my total to a whopping seven. Not good, Carolynne. Not good. 

• Make 30 new recipes.

I made seven new recipes this month, which brings me to 16 in total. I'm more than half-way there! This month's hits were: Peanut Butter and Jam Smoothies, Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas, Garlic Green Beans, Sausage Patties and Pita Chips.

• Give our house a thorough spring cleaning.
My mother has agreed to hang out with Mary during Spring Break so I can clean.

• Pay off some of our mortgage.
We're on track!

• Breastfeed Mary exclusively until she is six months old and then part-time until her first birthday.
We're on track!

• Sleep eight hours in a row at least once.
Mary sleeps for eight hours in a row regularly now, but I haven't yet. She gets a head-start by going to bed at 7 p.m.

• Finish my second-to-last semester of law school.
I am still planning to go back to school in September.

1 comment:

  1. I'm hooked on peanut butter and banana smoothies.
    One frozen banana, milk, vanilla yogurt and a dollop of peanut butter! So good. I know you're off peanut butter for Lent but try it when it's over. So good.

    ReplyDelete